2 CE credit Live Interactive Webinar Friday October 21st, 2022
11 am – 1 pm Pacific Time/ 2-4 pm Eastern Time
Presenter: Barbara Griswold, LMFT
For those who register but are unable to attend, CE credits (though not Live) will be available by viewing the recording and completing the post-test and evaluation. Distance Learning Board Approvals
Tokens may not be used with webinars.
This webinar satisfies requirements for live interactive CE credits for all professions.
At the start of COVID-19, therapists were suddenly forced to move their practices online in order to continue providing care to clients. But when the federal Public Health Emergency order expires (or as different state orders have expired), what can we expect in terms of insurance coverage of telehealth? This webinar — applicable to therapists at all levels — will try to answer that question, and give you the latest information about insurance billing and coverage for video and phone psychotherapy sessions. Will our clients lose telehealth coverage, and if so, how can we prepare? This presentation will share what is known, help you formulate better questions for clients and health plans, and dispel common myths and misconceptions.
The webinar is aimed at all psychotherapists nationwide, both in- and out of network.
Topics will include:
- A review of codes and modifiers for telehealth billing (and why assumptions can be dangerous)
- Will plans keep covering phone sessions, and out-of-network providers?
- The best (and worst) place to find telehealth coverage info
- How is documentation different for telehealth sessions?
- Will health plans allow providers to give up their offices? What address should be used on claims / statements?
- Will clinicians be paid less for telehealth sessions?
- Can a therapists work with a client in a different state? Will insurance cover this, if it is legal? (The answers may surprise you!)
- What ALL therapists should be thinking about now to avoid treatment interruptions
Target audience: This course is appropriate for all mental health professionals
Content level: Introductory/Intermediate